CAN THE BARBECUE BE CONNECTED TO NATURAL GAS?
Some Jumbuck barbecues are approved for conversion from ULPG/Propane to Natural Gas. The following steps are required to complete the conversion:
- You can purchase a natural gas conversion kit from the retailer but the conversion and installation must be done by a registered gas fitter or plumber.
The manufacturer for the BBQ needs to supply the NG conversion kit that should include the new injectors, hose from the BBQ to regulator and the NG regulator. In some instances the kit from the manufacturer may be available from the retailer but I am confident that Bunnings do not stock any of these for the BBQ suppliers so the customer must contact and purchase the kit from the manufacturer - details in the instruction manual.
- Contact a registered gas fitter/plumber to obtain a quote for the conversion and to confirm whether this appliance will work efficiently with the current gas supply to your household, in accordance with installation Code AS/NZS5601.
- The Gas Fitter/Plumber will need to source the necessary parts for the conversion
Source only from the manufacturer of the BBQ.
- Upon completion of the conversion, the Gas Fitter/Plumber is LEGALLY required to issue a Compliance Certificate.
- DO NOT attempt to complete the conversion yourself.
- Failure to comply with these requirements and Installation Code AS/NZS5601 will automatically void the Warranty for this product.